Monday, March 14, 2016

Pi Day:14/31 solc#16


Today I celebrated Pi Day.

Now, I feel that I should confess: I don't really love math. Sometimes when I look at a math problem, my brain just sort of shuts down, as if to remind me, "Oh no, we don't do that sort of thing here." In fact, I've noticed in the past few years, that my brain has been doing some spring cleaning and it apparently felt that I no longer needed some of my multiplication facts. Take for instance, 4x8. Is it 24? 28? 21? I can't really be sure.

You may be wondering why I would willingly observe a day that commemorates a number when they are clearly of no interest to me as a woman of words. Well, I will revel in math-related celebrations if, and only if, the holiday has a food homophone.

So, I was essentially celebrating PIE day, as I am all for any excuse to have multiple pieces of my favorite food.

By the way, I've discovered a new number. It's called "d." It's a very useful decimal that is expressed as 3.15. I will be celebrating its discovery tomorrow by eating donuts for each meal. Feel free to join in the celebration! Hooray for math!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I love the pie celebration disguised as math pi celebrating. Enjoy the donuts for your newly discovered "d" ratio of 3.15

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be celebrating "d" day as well....!!! For some reason, I've never managed to memorize the 7 and 8 times tables either -- the other facts are still there, but those always seem to trip me up!

    ReplyDelete