Sunday, March 13, 2016

Mrs. Tablecloth: 13/31 #solc16


Spring is almost here! Which is awesome, except for the fact that along with the nice weather I will also be seeing a lot more of my neighbor, Mrs. Tablecloth. (Not her actual name, in case you were wondering.)

When we first moved in, she appeared to be a harmless lady in a barn jacket, but I've since come to know better.

Scenario 1:

Limb from a tree in our front yard is damaged in a storm. Arborist comes to repair said tree.

Mrs. Tablecloth: Gretchen, you're going to have to call your tree people. They're damaged my grass with the wheel of their trailer.

Me: Where?

Mrs. Tablecloth: Right here.

Perhaps one, maybe two blades of grass are damaged.

Me: Of course, Mrs. Tablecloth

*************************************
Scenario 2:

It's garbage day. Mrs. Tablecloth brings her garbage can back up her driveway two seconds after the garbage truck has departed. I get to mine at some point in the day. This is the lowest item on my to-do list.

Mrs. Tablecloth: Gretchen, if you ever need me to bring your garbage can up for you, I would.

Me: Ok.....Thanks, Mrs. Tablecloth.

Me (later, thinking): Why would I ever need her to get my garbage can? If were out of town, it wouldn't even be out....oh, I get it....

*************************************
Scenario 3:

The old pipe on our sump pump breaks. Water is bubbling near our foundation at that spot.

Mrs. Tablecloth (from over the fence): I'm really glad MY sump pump is working!

Me (thinking): Yes, congrats to you and your sump pump, Mrs. Tablecloth.


Pete's friend stops by to pick him up for a hockey game.

Mrs. Tablecloth (from over the fence): Excuse me, but are you here to fix their sump pump?

Pete's Friend (completely confused): Um...no?


Upon recommendation from a plumber, pipe is rerouted and water will sometimes run down the driveway to the street when the sump pump is running. 

Mrs. Tablecloth (knocking on our door): The sound of water running down your driveway is bothersome to me while I read.


*****************************************

How does the old adage go? Good fences make good neighbors? 

I think I need a better fence.



4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine why you named her Mrs. Tablecloth! I am picturing a widow who needs a hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! What an interesting neighbor you have there. I have a few neighbor stories myself and I am not sure I could speak as nicely as you. Here's to better fences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Mrs. Tablecloth gives you a lot to think about...like how to build a better fence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quantum Binary Signals

    Get professional trading signals sent to your cell phone daily.

    Start following our signals today & profit up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete