Friday, March 11, 2016

Grilled Cheese: 11/31 #solc16


Today I really wanted a grilled cheese sandwich.

Not just any grilled cheese sandwich, but one from the Eagle's Nest, which is a little deli/grill inside the student center at Ashland University. Back in my college days, I used to stop there sometimes after my last class on Friday afternoon and get a grilled cheese sandwich as a snack. It was made on thick Texas toast, with liquefied butter painted on with a brush, and some kind of fake orange cheese thats chemical make-up make it the utmost in deliciousness.

It's been fifteen years since I had one of these most perfect grilled cheese sandwiches, but I (clearly) still think about them. No other grilled cheese sandwich ever quite lives up.

7 comments:

  1. Yum! Grilled cheese is such comfort food for me. I remember eating grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup with my dad. I haven't had one for a long time. I'm thinking I'm going to have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds delicious! Now I want grilled cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food! I wonder if your particular grilled cheese would taste as wonderful now or if it's acquired some seasoning as a memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good point! Maybe I should never eat one from that deli again to avoid disappointment. :)

      Delete
  4. Mmm ... grilled cheese! At my last job, for a while we had a working kitchen on the first floor. We decided to have a grilled cheese, tomato soup lunch for the whole staff. That was delicious and fun ... though I don't think I'll ever volunteer to make 4 gallons of soup again!

    ReplyDelete