Monday, March 11, 2013

Mattresses on the Highway Update

I have to interrupt my encyclopedia entries to update you on the perilous "mattress on the highway situation." You may remember from my "M" entry my discussion of the frequency of crashes caused by mattresses flying off vehicle roofs.

Perhaps you've never witnessed a mattress on the highway and, therefore, either did not believe me or thought I was exaggerating. To this, I must reply with the words of Edgar Allan Poe, "Mad am I not -- and very surely do I not dream."

See for yourselves, as evidence, exhibit A:

My dad, very kindly, clipped this from my hometown newspaper last week. Mattresses--people, I tell you, they're deadly!

2 comments:

  1. Mattresses...where I came from it was deer. Wonder which causes more chaos?

    ReplyDelete